According to the American Dental Association, tooth decay is the destruction of your tooth enamel. Tooth enamel is the hard, outer layer of your teeth. The bacteria in plaque produce acids that breakdown tooth enamel which could cause cavities to form. A cavity is one of the most common results of tooth decay. Good dental and oral hygiene is important to maintaining your overall health. Precision Digital Dentistry will work with you to make sure your teeth and mouth are healthy by providing the best dental care services in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
Tooth Decay Prevention
One of the major causes of tooth decay is sugary, sticky foods and beverages. The sugar in these foods and beverages combines with plaque to weaken the enamel. Taking care of your teeth can help prevent tooth decay and cavities. Here are some prevention tips:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day and preferably after every meal with fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss in between your teeth daily to remove food debris.
- Use a mouth rinse can help prevent plaque build-up.
- Eat well-balanced and nutritious meals and limit sugary snacks.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings.
- Ask your dentist if you should use a supplemental fluoride to strengthen your teeth or dental sealants to protect your molars from decay.
Expert Dental Care in Bridgewater, NJ
Maintaining your oral health is critical to your well-being. Precision Digital Dentistry wants their patients to have the knowledge and proper techniques once they step out of their dental office. They are ready to help you prevent tooth decay or treat any dental problems you have. Following a good oral hygiene regime is the first step to good oral health. If you find yourself with a toothache, needing a regular check-up, or any other dental concern call Precision Digital Dentistry today to schedule your appointment.