Precision Digital Dentistry is taking the necessary precautions to slow the spread of the Coronavirus. According to the New Jersey State Board of Dentistry, all dentists should “prioritize urgent and emergency visits and procedures now and for the coming weeks.” These recommendations are designed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19; protect the public, patients, dental staff, and practitioners; allow for treatment of dental emergencies, and help alleviate the burdens placed on hospital emergency departments where patients with oral pain might otherwise go.
At Precision Digital Dentistry, we are doing our part to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the New Jersey State Board of Dentistry:
- Dentists should cancel or postpone any elective procedure or “routine” service until at least April 20, 2020, to limit exposure to and transmission of the virus and help preserve and extend the supply of personal protective equipment.
- Dentists should provide emergency care to their existing patients and others seeking urgent care.
- Patients must be able to reach their dental provider, who should assess the issue/condition and determine whether there is a need for emergency treatment.
- Dentists should maintain open lines of communication for patients, whether by website, email, text, and office voice mail, advising of limited operations during the state of emergency.
- Dentists should screen patients for symptoms of illness and contact with possibly infected persons.
- Dentists should evaluate patients’ health and assess whether treatment is warranted and safe, and obtain medical consults, as appropriate.
Dr. Joyce Guojun Ma and the staff at Precision Digital Dentistry are offering Telemedicine appointments for our patients. TeleMedicine Appointments are made via computer, tablet, or smartphone. Through these appointments, you will be able to interact with our dentist and dental staff. With video conferencing, we can talk with you regarding any pain or concerns that you are experiencing.
At Precision Digital Dentistry, we are here for you during this unprecedented time. Please do your part to care for your teeth at home, and make a TeleMedicine appointment if you need to speak with us.